Protecting Your Privacy
We reserve the right to update or modify this Policy at any time, with or without notice. However, if we intend to use or disclose personal information for purposes materially different that those described in this Policy, we will make reasonable efforts to notify affected individuals, including by posting a revised Policy on this website.
We recognize the need for appropriate protection and management of the personal information you share with us. We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information using physical, electronic or procedural security measures appropriate to the sensitivity of the information in our custody or control, which may include safeguards to protect against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
While we work to protect the security of your account, we can't guarantee that unauthorised third parties won't be able to defeat our security measures. We ask that you keep your login credentials secure. Please notify us immediately of any compromise or unauthorised use of your account.
Collecting your data
When you sign up for or use AxeScores, you give us certain information voluntarily. This includes your name, email address, phone number, profile photo, comments and any other information you give us. You can also choose to share location data or photos with us.
If you link your Facebook or Google account or accounts from other third-party services to AxeScores, we may also get information from those accounts (such as your friends or contacts). The information we get from those services depends on your settings and their privacy policies, so please check what those are.
In addition to the information we collect from you, we may also collect information about: your axe throwing statistics and frequency of participation at axe throwing facilities, as well as personal images while throwing at axe throwing facilities.
Additional online data collection
In addition to the personal information you submit, we may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type - for use with system administration and reporting.
We may also collect statistical data about browsing actions and patterns. This information does not identify any individual. We may also obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies enable us to improve our service to you, estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences and recognize you when you return to our site.
We use Google AdWords Remarketing to advertise across the Internet, in particular on the Google Display Network.
AdWords remarketing will display ads to you based on what parts of AxeScores you have viewed by placing a cookie on your web browser.
Use of your data
We generally use your personal information for the purposes of administering our business, including:
- verify your identity and the accuracy and completeness of the information you provide to us;
- open, administer and service your event bookings and league statistics;
- remember you when you return to our website, including to pre-populate fields in your booking process with information you previously provided to us;
- update our records and correct errors or omissions in your personal information;
- manage and administer customer, accounts;
- carry out statistical analysis;
- develop and improve our products;
- conduct market research;
- provide you with information about products or services we offer, if you have asked us to (see "Contact from AxeScores and third parties" section below); and
- maintain business records for reasonable periods to meet legal and regulatory records retention requirements.
Transfer of personal information to service providers
We may transfer personal information to outside agents or service providers (including affiliates acting in this capacity) that perform services on our behalf, for example customer service, marketing, information technology and/or data hosting, or otherwise to collect, use, disclose, store or process personal information on our behalf for the purposes described in this Policy. Some of these service providers or affiliates may be located outside of Canada, including in the United States and elsewhere, and your personal information may be collected, used, disclosed, stored and processed in the United States and elsewhere for the purposes described in this Policy.
We have trusted relationships with these carefully selected third parties who perform services on our behalf. All service providers are bound by contract to maintain the security of your personal information. However, our service providers may be subject to applicable foreign and Canadian legal requirements, for example lawful requirements to disclose personal information to government, regulatory, national security and law enforcement authorities.
Selling and disclosing your data to third parties
We may disclose your personal information in a number of circumstances, including:
- to financial institutions for payment processing purposes;
- to third parties as reasonably necessary:
- in connection with audits;
- for the purposes of meeting legal, regulatory, industry self-regulatory, risk management and security requirements; or
- for any other purpose to which you consent or that is permitted or required by privacy law or any other applicable law.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to a third party:
- In the event we sell or buy any business or assets (in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such a business or assets)
- If our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal data held about customers will be one of the transferred assets)
- If we have a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal request, or in order to enforce any of our terms and conditions.
Contact from AxeScores and third parties
Your preference as to whether we may contact you about our products and services by mail, email and SMS (or other reasonable method) can be modified by visiting the Me page, login and change your communication preference at any time, or follow the instructions in the message itself.
Third party links
Our site may contain links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own terms and privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for them.
Access, Correction and Contacting Us
We may establish and maintain a file of your personal information for the purposes described above, which will be accessible at 47 Front Street East, Suite 200, Toronto, ON M5E 1B3, Canada. If you wish to request access or correction of your personal information in our custody or control, you may write to the above address, attention Privacy Director. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. If you wish to make inquiries or complaints or have other concerns about our personal information practices, you may write to us as described above, e-mail us at email@example.com or telephone us at 1-844-228-5550 toll free.
Effective 15 Nov 2018